LOVING THIS CHURCH GIRL CHARISMA

Thursday 31 March 2016

The hourglass dress

This dress is so personal to me. Inspired by my friend Amaka Nwandu and also by the fact I love when women look curvilious. At first when this whole hourglass illusion thing was a trend I did doubt it could work for my own body. I mean how could just a dress make you look all curvy unless you already had the famous hourglass curves but I did try it and to my surprise it worked!
the original sketch of the hourglass dress

OK, I was home on holidays with nothing to do so I decided to call up my friend to ask if she needed a dress. Her usual self, she was more than happy to have me make a dress for her. Yippy!! More money!
Well, long story cut short I decided to snip snip with my scissors until the idea of the hourglass struck me.
After sewing her that dress it was so lovely that I had to do mine. Luckily I got the right fabric-color, texture. Not thinking too far, I knew the colour that would go with it. The end result of the dress is glorious. It seriously enhances my petite pear shape into an hour glass automatically. What more can I ask for?!

hour glass dress in the making, BODY A
 I love this girl for being my real life mannequin
finished work of the hourglass dress, BODY B
I haven't had the opportunity to wear this dress to anywhere but it has gotten so many positive reviews from people who have seen it.
I love the way this dress enhances the curvy features of my body. I do not have a strict hourglass body, like I said before I am a  petite pear shaped but somehow the geometric shaping of this dress ignores that. A good slit can never ever go wrong if you ask me, please do love your self with some (decent, flirty, softly sensual) any one can go as far as it doesn't erupt the wrong kind of attention.

The dress is a huggy one compared to the one I made for my client (I'll post pics of that one when she wears it), the pics are not clear enough to show you how beautiful the material is, stretch or plain material can do the magic. The length could be shorter but I would go with longer because it would make the dress look more graceful. And no matter how simple it looks only a good tailor can slay this dress especially the angling of the hourglass so as to give the perfect illusion of an effortless hourglass. Also note, everybody's body is different and there would be different results.
I just love this dress, I think I need more of this in my life!!!
#fashion advice: neon green goes with fushia pink and a dark shade of purple.
Some people may have already known that.

The illustration is almost a witness of that if the pictures are not clear enough.
The back of the dress has a long zip across the neck to the end of the dress and there are no purple cuts at the back. Feel free to alter the design to your own taste.
Have a lovely week ahead

3 comments:

Picture Slider

Popular Posts